Monday, December 15, 2008

Leadership

Leadership: the ability to lead others. Having the quality of leadership is great and can be very helpful. With leadership you can help others but you can also hurt others as well. In the book Tragedy of Julius Caesar we see an example of corrupt leadership. Cassius talks a group of men into killing the noble Caesar. He is able to manipulate these men and get them to from an alliance against Caesar. After he gets all the men he wants in the group he leads them on to stab Caesar. Cassius even talked Caesar's friend Brutus into killing Caesar. Cassius knew how to lead these men and talk to them so that they did as he wanted them to. Cassius was jealous of Caesar's power so he used his ability to understand men's wants to murder Caesar.



This kind of corrupt leadership occurs all the time. It happens in governments, towns, cities, homes, schools, and friendship. I myself have experienced corrupt leadership first hand. A few years ago two of my friends got into a huge dispute over some guy and I some how got drug in the middle of it all. My friends told me i had to choose, that I could not be friends with both of them. I could not decide so I walked away. Then a few days later one of them came up to me and started telling me that the other person was running her mouth about me and spreading horrible rumors. I was infuriated! I completely shut the girl, that was supposedly spreading the rumors, out of my life. I never answered her phone calls, I ignored her texts, and every time she came near me i would turn and leave. What I did not know was she did not really spread any rumors the other girl had lied to me. She had manipulated me and lead me to her side. I thought that I could trust her but after her leading me on like that I knew better. I had to set the situation right with the other girl whom was the true friend.



I explained to her what i had been told and i apologized a million times. I felt so bad. I had been manipulated just like Brutus in Julius Caesar, but i did not go to the extreme of killing my best friend. I learned from my experience and my true friend and i have never been better. Life is tough and corruption is out there so be careful and never betray the ones that you love.

No comments: