Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sentence10


Novel: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Her sentence


Prim comes home from school bubbling over with excitement.


Commentary: This is a very straight forward sentence with a cute little metaphor weaved within (bubbling over with excitement.) When I think of something bubbling over I think of a big batch of blowing bubbles dripping over the rim of the container. When I think of Katniss's little sister Prim running into the house bubbling over with excitement I can see he bouncing around like bubbles. In the times that this family are dealing with it warms the heart to know that they can still be happy over the simple things such as wedding pictures. So this is kind of a way of lightening the mood for a soon to be terrible scene.




My Sentence


I ran to the house from town dripping with enthusiasm.

No comments: